To ensure the quality of your leather gloves, you will need to know how to properly care for them and how to wash leather gloves. Cleaning the gloves will keep them in excellent condition.
If your gloves get wet, allow them to dry naturally and away from any external heat source, such as a radiator, hair dryer, the tumble dryer or the sun.
For heavy soiling, we recommend the services of a specialised leather dry cleaner. If the soiling is light and not dried in, you may try the following:
- To begin cleaning your leather gloves, use a clean cloth or towel to dust off the leather.
- Prepare a hand hot solution of soft soap flakes such as "Lux" or a moisturising soap.
- Place gloves on your hands. It is easiest to wash gloves when they are on your hand. This will fill the gloves and allow you to get into the crevices.
- Gently sponge down the outside leather of the gloves with the solution.
- Try not to saturate the leather and dab off any excess wetness with a clean dry cloth.
- Allow the gloves to dry naturally and do not use any external heat source such as a radiator, hair dryer or the sun.
- As the gloves are drying, put them onto the hands of the wearer several times. This will help to stretch the leather and restore the shape of the gloves to the profile of the hands.
- If you decide to use a proprietary leather cleaner or conditioner, please read the product instructions carefully, and be sure the product you are using is suitable for your glove leather.